Careers at Bivio
Bivio Networks maintains a small company atmosphere and casual environment important to employees while encouraging their outstanding ability to produce some of the most innovative, “best of class” technology in the telecommunication and network industries. Our location in Pleasanton, California offers a beautiful East Bay location with excellent housing, educational, shopping and entertainment opportunities for individuals and families.
Bivio Networks is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will be contacted by our Staffing Department within approximately 7-10 days if your experience/skillset fits any current employment needs, and a phone screen or onsite interview is desired. Resumes remain active for six months for potential matches to future openings.
If you are interested in being considered for our next agency review, please send your company contact information to email@example.com (place your agency name in the Subject line). Do not submit unsolicited resumes or contact company personnel unless an approved vendor contract is on file.
Title: Senior Systems Engineer
Location: San Diego / Southern California
Bivio Networks provides advanced Cyber Security, Information Assurance and Cloud technology solutions. The Senior Systems Engineering candidate should have a broad understanding of these types of technologies as well as specific domain knowledge in one or more areas. The Senior Systems Engineer is responsible for working with the sales team to identify, qualify, and close new accounts. The ideal candidate is a seasoned technical sales professional with an established record of qualifying and closing complex deals. Customer references may be requested.
The candidate must be able to position Bivio’s product portfolio against the needs of our potential customers, selling current and new features and identifying product/portfolio gaps. They must be able to qualify potential customers based on technical requirements; knowing when to engage for further discussion. They must help close deals by working closely with key technical decision makers to complete validation and obtain their recommendation. They must successfully transition all technical issues to the sustaining technical team for project implementation. Finally, they must work closely with the product management group to identify and define new capabilities and feature sets for the Bivio product line.
- Performs technical account management for current and potential customers to include on-site and remote support
- Assists with identification and qualification for new account or sales opportunities. Helps drive opportunities as part of the sales team to closure.
- Split responsibility (50% of the time) in pre-sales (presentation, demonstration and evaluation stage), on-site post-sales (production stages) support
- Assists customers with collaboratively designing solutions based on Bivio technology and developing the architectural network framework for potential partnership (deployment) scenarios
- Develops technical documentation for customer delivery
- Provides trade show support, answering technical questions from potential customers and partners
- Develops and delivers training material to customers on the Bivio technologies and solutions.
- Delivers presentations to current and potential customers on Bivio technology and capabilities
- Creates technology, capabilities and performance white papers for customer delivery
- Serves as the internal advocate for customers within other functional departments
- Informs Product Marketing, Engineering, and Sales on customers’ current and future product feature requests and issues.
- Informs and coordinates with Quality Assurance & Development Engineering teams on significant problems of a technical and/or design nature that become apparent in dealing with resellers and customers.
- Perform technical training for mixed audiences of marketing, support, and engineering staff
- Outstanding verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Proven track record of Systems Engineering for successful customer solutions and technical account management
- Proven track record of high customer satisfaction
- Strong IP networking knowledge
- Experience with Linux and/or other UNIX operating systems
- Experience with Scripting Languages (Perl, Python, Ruby, LUA, and/or XML)
- Experience with Intrusion detection and prevention technologies
- Experience with flow collection and analysis technologies
- Knowledge of network security landscape and technologies
- In depth knowledge of network design and deployment techniques
- Security+ Certification
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision and direction
- Must be flexible with the work schedule and able to work extended hours as needed for customers engagements
- Must be able to travel up to 40-50% of time
- Seven years’ experience as a Systems Engineer, Customer Solutions Engineer or Systems Architect in networking and cyber security field
- Experience with Firewall/NAT/VPN hardware and software technologies
- Experience with Intelligent Network Tapping technologies
- Experience with Open Source tools such as Snort, Suricata, Bro, Argus, Yaf/SiLK, NTOP
- Experience with Malware Analysis and Sandbox technologies (FireEye, McAfee ATD, Cuckoo, etc.)
- Experience with Analytics tools (Splunk and Elastic)
- Experience with Security and Information Event Management tools (QRadar, ArcSight or LogRhythm)
- Certification in RedHat Enterprise Linux
- ISC2 Certified Information Systems Security Profession (CISSP) Certification
- BS / BA in related field or 10 years of equivalent level of experience
- 7 years + experience in networking field and cyber security field
It is highly desirable that the person has a current SSBI and Top-Secret security clearance or they can pass a background investigation and eligible to receive a security clearance.